By Udit Misra| Jun 17, 2013
A look at the hottest pre-leased office destinations, based on investor returns forecast for 2013 to 2017
Graphic by Sameer PawarReport highlights
- Mumbai will continue to be the fulcrum of banking, financial services and insurance activity as far as fresh investments for new offices, expansion and relocation are concerned. It will be followed by
- Bangalore, National Capital Region (NCR), Chennai and Hyderabad.
- Business districts of NCR and Bangalore, the largest office markets in the country, lag behind other cities in terms of investor returns.
- While the IT/ITES industry will continue to remain the largest occupier of office space, it will not ensure superior investment returns.
- Demand for office space from manufacturing and other service sectors is expected to grow at 12% and 13% respectively per annum over the next five years.