Every day of our lives we meet people who are just trying to get on with their lives with little or no ambition or vision. Those who have the ambition lack the drive or the vision to achieve what they aspire for. Only once in a blue moon, you get to meet a person who strikes you as someone different. Their thoughts help you widen your horizon. Their level of effort and their achievements inspire you. Their vision and clarity of thoughts help expand your mind. One such individual is Sunil Nihal Duggal, a New Delhi based self-made Social Entrepreneur who is the Founder & Chairman of Twenty 4 Ventures Group Limited
“Everyone who knows me feels that I am always in an overdrive mode. Truth is, I value time. Both theirs and mine. I sincerely believe that the only thing of real value that we have in this life is time. To waste even a second is to do ourselves and the society a disservice. I really respect those who respect time, and I am always open to doing business with them,” says a smiling Sunil Nihal Duggal.
The dynamism in Sunil Nihal Duggal is visible in whatever he does. He is always on the move and yet manages to keep a close tab on all his businesses, which have shown sustainable debt-free growth over the years. The secret, he insists, is the team that he has.
“Finding the right people to fill the right positions is key to running a successful business. To be able to identify, groom and nurture talent are skills that are essential for any business leader and I am no different. I am lucky to have been able to build a team of highly professional and dedicated individuals who back me up on everything. Our Executive Committee consists of 4 C suite with myself as the Chairman; Vipin Goyal, a former Airforce Officer and career professional as the CEO; GS Rana, a former Airforce Officer and career operations man as the COO and Jayesh Swarnkar, a career technologist as our CTO. Together we combine more than 60 years of experience and knowledge for the Group and the industry. We are also honoured to have Mr. V.K. Duggal, former Union Home Secretary and Governor of Manipur and Mizoram, as our Chairman Emeritus. His guidance and patronage is something we always look forward to. The three senior professionals are our real warriors who fight many a battle for Twenty 4 Ventures, while I am busy with other critical areas such as new business ideas, growth and customer success strategies. Teamwork is what got us this far and I am confident will take us past several more milestones,” says Sunil Nihal Duggal with a positive sense of both urgency and energy.
And he has all the reasons to be proud. He has built business after business, right from the ground up, and put them on a path of sustainable growth. His many successful ventures include, but are not limited to:
Twenty 4 Ventures
- The main venture of Sunil Nihal Duggal, which is a leading technology, security, loss prevention, and angel investor company in India, protecting individuals, organizations, and cyber networks. Twenty 4 Ventures also promotes Pekiti Tirsia Kali (PTK) in India and trains the special forces with their combat techniques. PTK is one of the very few authentic and complete Filipino combat systems that remain in existence today.
24 Secure Group
- With thousands of employees, hundreds of valuable clients and a twentyyears successful track record among India's Security Companies, 24 Secure Services provides the onsite manpower to protect individuals and identifies, repairs and provides world-class security solutions to meet a range of client needs, covering education, industry, hospitality, infrastructure, health and finance.
- With more than 20,000 Intelligent CCTV’s and 20 control and command centres installed, 24 Systems is an ISO 9001:2008 certified company. It is the electronic security system, audit, consultancy and technology wing of Twenty 4 ventures, providing cybersecurity and cyber intelligence for both corporate and government sectors in India.
- A technology-based, on-demand, personal protection and safety service App, which ensures Immediate, On-call and In-person Response in an emergency and any distress situation. Within a year of its launch, the app has over 1,20,000 active subscribers offering the securityof a technology-enabled personal safety toindividualsand corporatescountrywide. They also are now COVID compliant in the safe delivery space.
Briston Technomach Pvt. Ltd.
- An Internet of Things (loT) Technologies Company. The initial focus has been on innovation and customer experience in the domain of energy management. They have installed more than 5000 IoT devices across sectors leading to crores of rupees of savings to clients in the energy, fuel and water cost. This company was founded by 3 IITians and completely acquired by Twenty 4 Ventures in 2018.
Previous ventures of Sunil also include businesses in shipping, commodities and an international magazine, which had covers with the likes of Virat Kohli and Shah Rukh Khan.
His Safe Women Foundation
is a non-profit, non-political organization dedicated to security, safety, protection and empowerment of women with a special focus on the urban working woman. In 2006, Sunil authored “Women 24 Secure”, a self-help book guiding women to make intelligent safety decisions and trust their instincts, through knowledge, awareness and self-defense techniques; thus equipping women with the ability to protect themselves and face any adverse situation with confidence.
Through his extensive work in the fields of security, technology, and environmentalism, Sunil has demonstrated a deep commitment towards the well-being of the individuals and society as a whole. His sense of commitment towards society emanates from his liberal upbringing and education. During the first couple of months of COVID-19 lockdown, Sunil was actively involved in running a free food service for the poor by the Modern School group of students.
: The next generation of Duggals, Yuvraj Nihal Duggal, currently pursuing his degrees in Computer Science and Engineering from Emory University & Georgia Institute of Technology and his younger brother Shivraj Nihal Duggal who will be headed to University of California, Los Angeles for his degrees in Economics and Computer Science, have together launched their own company “Sneaker up” (www.sneakerup.com) during this COVID period. The sneaker market has tremendous potential in India and “Sneaker Up” is poised to gain traction in this space leveraging technology and a new competition styled matrix to grow user base. “Sneaker Up” secured pre seed funding from entrepreneur Varun Jain of NV industries and subsequently Twenty 4 Ventures also became an investor in this venture.
After starting his schooling from Modern School, Humayun Road and Vasant Vihar (MSVV), Sunil spent most of his formative years studying in Sydney, London, the Caribbean and Los Angeles. After obtaining his ‘A’ levels, he returned to India to finish his graduation from Delhi University and went on to pursue his PGDM from Fore School of Management which had collaboration with the Maastricht School of Management. Sunil spent considerable time in the Bay Area on a Technology adoption learning curve and also an advisor to multiple technology companies in the field of entrepreneurship and management.
Sunil is recognised both by Clients and Colleagues as a professional with a high degree of personal integrity. He is known for his contagious passion for excellence, a talent for resourceful business solutions and the capacity for motivational leadership.
Besides his successful business ventures, Sunil Nihal Duggal is also a very active Social Entrepreneur who is engaged in a variety of socially relevant activities. Sunil is also a speaker, author and philanthropist. He is among the key speakers at global platforms like Horasis: The Global Vision Community, and IIT Delhi. Sunil is also an avid golfer, reader, photographer and motorcycle enthusiast.
With the kind of drive he has, it is obvious that Sunil Nihal Duggal is a man of vision. He is also on a mission to achieve not one, or two, but multiple dreams. We wish the very best to him in all his endeavours.
Disclaimer: The views, suggestions and opinions expressed here are the sole responsibility of the experts. No Forbes India journalist was involved in the writing and production of this article.